Saturday, January 17, 2009

sunny fog

Well it hasn't rained here in a week, the old President has said his goodbyes and the new President is on a train headed to DC. Besides not having a job yet, things are pretty darn good, I'd say. I've been hard at the job hunt and have some leads, but no paycheck as of yet. I have an interview Tuesday with a furniture store that has need of someone to create and arrange displays for them. I'm also expecting to hear from a picture framing shop that needs part time help and a grocery store who need part time help. I'm still hopeful for the architecture job that I applied for a couple of weeks ago. I think they may start contacting people this coming week... I'm very, very hopeful for that one. But every unemployed architect like me is applying for that job. We'll see how lucky I am.

Otherwise, all is normal and well. I really need to clean the house this weekend. I'm tired of being home all the time cleaning so I've slacked off lately. This weekend we bring out the big guns... the MOP! Katy's doing well at school and seems to be finding her stride nicely, though it keeps her at school 50-60 hours a week.

Oooh! I just looked outside and the sun is out! Ok, gonna go walk in it before it disappears. (Today Katy and I discovered a new weather phenomena called "sunny fog." It's as if the weather man told the clouds to make way for the sun and instead of leaving, they just lowered to the ground... so you can see a white dot in the sky behind the clouds. Sunny fog.)