Saturday, January 10, 2009

Oh the rain...

Oh how the rain
doeth soak my very soul.
My boots aren't the only thing
going squish
with every
miserable
drenched
step
I
take.

I stand in the rain for 8 hours
head down
building a roof
or cleaning the trash.
It all pays the same.
The rain beads
on my waterproof coat
until it finally figures a way through.
Waterproof, my ass.

Squish.

I walk to get groceries
but I must walk fast
because my water repellent bag
only seems to repel water
for about ten minutes.

Squish.

I sit inside
wishing I could be outside
until I venture outside
and only want to be inside.

Squish!

The rain soaks my judgment
and my senses
so that friends become foes
over stupid little woes
like where the coffee cups really go.

Squish!

Oh how the rain
doeth dampen my joy
and water the seeds
of discontent
in my mind.

Squish!

I miss the days
when rain was what happened
between sunny days
to make things grow
and keep the fire danger down.
Where did that rain go?