Sunday, March 30, 2008

strike two

I tried to post pictures again but these Delhi computers just don't cooperate. Looks like you'll have to wait until I get home.

In two days.

I'm excited and terrified all at the same time. I think I chose the right length of time to be here in India. I'll be ready to come home on Tuesday. I'm excited to get home and cook stir fry with Katy. I'm excited to see my cats. I'm excited to see my friends and be home. I'm terrified because the thesis writing hasn't been happening here. I've tried every day but can get nothing to come out. I'm really hoping that when I get home into my writing environment, it wil all just come. I've been doing alot of thinking about my thesis and how it relates to where I'm at. I can only hope once I'm out of the environment that it will click. I trust it will. Two weeks. Two weeks after I get home my thesis will be due. Then in two weeks I have to present the whole project. Yikes. This is what it all comes down to. I'm not nervous about failing, I'm nervous about not doing as well as I want. Same old story, different year. I'm excited to be done, finally. I really enjoy school and will miss alot about the environment, but I'm excited to do something different for awhile.

On that note, looks like I'll be heading to Vancouver at the end of the summer, for sure. Katy was accepted into UBC with advanced standing and accepted her offer this week! She had a pretty wicked portfolio and her school work has been top notch the whole way. She's really diverse and well developed as an artist and a designer so of course they had to let her in with advanced standing. I'm real proud of her. I don't think it's quite set in with her exactly what she's accomplished but it'll hit eventually. So we'll work in Ottawa for the summer and I will try to find a job in Vancouver while we're still here. Then, come August or so, we'll pack up in something with wheels, as yet to be determined, and follow the sunset for a couple of weeks. Can't wait.

Ok, time to get off here. Hope all is well with you.