Friday, March 14, 2008

Going to Dharavi!





Well ladies and gents, it's time I say farewell to North America again for a while. later today I'll be flying out for my 3 week trip to India. For those who may not have heard yet, I was awarded research funding to go to Mumbai and New Delhi, India for participation in a week long design workshop and then 2 weeks doing independent research. I'm really excited and have been working really hard to get far enough along on my thesis work that I can afford the travel time. I'm also going to be visiting the site for my thesis design project, actually. I don't really know what to expect. I've done so much research and now it's time to actually go do it. I'll be in the first and third largest cities in the world... it's gonna be a wild ride! Keep a loose eye on section8ght.blogspot.com because if I can get to an internet cafe, I plan on checking in every few days if it's feasible. You might also be able to keep tabs at the project's two official sites, www.dharavi.org (where the product of the workshop will be posted) and www.urbantyphoon.com (where you can learn about the workshop and the people involved). Here goes the adventure of my life! Wish me luck!

michael