Thursday, May 01, 2008

update

Well, for those who may be curious, I was supposed to defend this past Monday but there was a hiccup and I am now to defend on May 14th at 10am. A few days before my defense, Marco, the program's director, found a source that will add key information to my work. At first I was really bummed. They informed me of this extension 4 days before my defense. Now, though, I am into the book he recommended and am glad for the extra depth this new research will provide. This book is called The Craftsman, and couldn't be more on-topic to my thesis. The exciting part is that this book was just published through Yale last month. That means that my thesis is timely and of contemporary importance. I'm doing research that's being published elsewhere. I take that as quite a coincidental compliment to my work. So I am still reading, still drawing, still modeling and preparing to do a bit more writing. I have high hopes for my defense. Historically, my high hopes are often dashed against the rocks but this time I think my expectations are not unfounded as so often they have been in the past. Indeed, I have worked my ass off for this. Let's hope it's enough. Ok, back to the books.