Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mom,


Today, on Mother's Day 2008, I sit at school working on my thesis project. Just like yesterday. And the day before that. In 2 days I will finish the proudest accomplishment of my life. After seven long years of study, I will have a Master's degree in architecture. I tell no lie when I say that I could not have accomplished this without the unceasing support of my mother. I'm 30 years old and still she is there anytime life's got one up on me. Her love and her tender words have nursed me through many wounds. Her stern and wise voice has drug me from many a slump. But most importantly to me, her pride and respect have confirmed to me the man I have become. If I am a man my mother can be proud of, then I am the man I have always wanted to be. Thank you for working so hard to be my mother. You've done a spot-on job. I love you without question, without end, and without equal. Today the work I do honors you.

(Hope I get home in time to call but if not, I love you and happy Mother's Day!)