Thursday, June 21, 2007

Modest Mouse concert

When I first got into town in mid-May I went to a concert with my sketchbook instead of a camera. These are the sketches I did standing front and center amongst a throng of dancing people. Nothing special... but they were fun.

1. girl next to me 2. no one's listening to the lead-off band


3. Lead-off band's guitarist 4. Eyes on Man Man's mic stand


5. Man Man guitarist 6. Man Man lead singer/keyboardist


7. Man Man drummer with a rag on his head 8. The guy next to me likes the band


9. Man Man's drummer gone wild 10. lanterns on Modest Mouse's stage set


11. The crowd is getting thick 12. this girl talks alot


13. Johnny Marr (guitarist) 14. Eric Judy (bassist)


15. Isaac Brock (lead singer) (before the dancing really started)


16. Isaac Brock (when the crowd was really going)