Sunday, June 24, 2007

As I sit here eating grapes...

(if my site loads too slowly because there's too much video embedded in it, someone please let me know and I'll fix it)

Hi all. things have been anything but lively here. I'm really enjoying my summer here with my mom. I take a short walk and a long trolley ride to work in the morning and the same going home. I've been getting some reading done finally. (mmm... good grapes) Mom cooks dinner often (I forgot how much I loved my mom's cooking) and I cook here and there to fill in the gaps. I take long walks every evening up and down Golden Hills, in the park at the top of the hill or through downtown at the bottom of the hill. It's really peaceful. Tonight I went out and practiced the harmonica while I walked. I learned to play Amazing Grace through a half-hour stroll through the neighborhood.

The cats are doing well. Actually, Little Bit is doing well... Morph, on the other hand, he's been a bit off lately. While my Aunt Shell (mom's sister) was visiting she slept on the sofa-bed in the living room. Well, the first night they pulled it out I guess Morpheus heard the springs and it freaked him out. You see, the single thing he is afraid of more than any other thing in his world is my ironing board. It's an old-school ironing board... you know, one that would support human weight... and the springs make a nice rusty screech as the legs fold. Terrified. So the pull-out bed on the sofa makes the same sound only a lot louder. He didn't step foot in the living room for a good week or more. Only within the past day or two has he crept into the living room to check things out. It's hilarious. He comes around the corner crouched and stalking like the ninja that he is. He seems to think the couch is alive and he must be cautious. He creeeeeeeeeps along step...... by....... step... and stops, his neck craned forward to investigate the couch. He circles it now, eying it warily. Terrified. Hilarious.

I''ve started a couple of new paintings. That's fun... but nothing to talk about or show yet.
I'm half way through reading Needful Things. It's getting pretty good. I hope to finish it this week. I've done no work on my thesis... some thinking but I keep thinking myself in circles and that's developing my understanding which is further developing my confusion. So it goes. I really just go through my day to get to my evening walk. I really love walking through different parts of downtown and looking at the architecture. It's interesting how my tastes, opinions and understanding have developed and changed over 6 years. All that to say, though, that I'm enjoying myself here.

I want to say Hi to Chuck and Mary K. I've sent a few emails but keep getting them back... then I keep forgetting to ask mom and Corey for your new email address and so you never get my emails. Just want to say hello. Hello.

Well. My grapes are gone. That means it's time to get ready for bed. Goodnight all.

Here are some videos to watch...