Monday, May 01, 2006

Looking for work in all the wrong places...

I spent 5 hours walking around town dropping off resumes today. No one was hiring but they all took my resume with a smile. Actually, one place told me I showed up at a really good time and that they were going to do some hiring soon... but not for a few weeks. I think I may actually hear back from that firm. Anyway, I got up this morning and got all spiffed up... shaved... ironed clothes, etc... turns out I still clean up alright. So I walked until I got blisters on my feet. I think I'm going to have to buy shoes soon.

Other than that, I've spent the past week recovering from studio and going through the whole job search ordeal. I cleaned everything out of studio and stored most of it at school. I brought a few art pieces and some drawings home to play with though. I had some nice drawings this semester... best I've ever done. I'd like to play with them. I brought home the final model from my coney island project and I'm going to convert it into a lamp. I'm turning the base into a shelf. I spent about $40 on that project, total and half of it was on the base. I figure I might as well do something useful with it. So tomorrow I've got a few more places to drop applications at, I have to go to school to see about making that shelf, and I've started the readings I need to do to write a paper I'm writing for possible publication in an online journal. I have a month to write it and I'm trying to get it all hashed out in my head right now. I have alot of reading to do.

Last thing on my mind today... the immigration issue is just a diversion right before Congressional elections. Republicans did the same thing with gay marriage. It's not that immigration isn't a big deal, but they needed something to take your minds off everything else. Please don't be fooled... don't be taken in by it. After elections, I promise this will all die down... trust me. Ok, that's really all...