Monday, May 22, 2006

god save the queen!



First off, congratulations to Ray Nagin on wining the New Orleans mayoral elections!

So it's Victoria Day today in Canada, their first long weekend... a bit like Memorial Day. I'm going to go to the coffee shop and write this morning... I hate to spend money on coffee but I just can't write at home. So far I only have about 1100 words in quotes and a little less than 1000 words written... 6000 to go. Yesterday was Nicholas' birthday [Thomas' son] and we all went out for the day... Currency museum and then pizza and wings at the house. It was fun. Thomas' mother came into town for a few weeks to visit so she was out with us. A week and a half more and I get to see my mother... really looking forward to my trip. Not alot else going on... just trying to write.

I know I've addressed this before, but Congressional elections are coming up in a few months and I hope you're all paying attention to your local race. Republicans are already trying to distract you, inflaming issues to draw attention from the invasion of Iraq, your diminishing freedoms, and this regime's pitiful domestic policy record. Remember that our nation was built to free us from people like George Bush. Our founding fathers wrote hundreds of letters and essays warning us against the tyranny of evil men! Our nation was founded so that we would no longer have to live under the oppression of a crown who had no regard for our well-being, no connection with our people, and were interested in us only as a means to stuff their own wallets. This is why our government is designed the way it is, to protect us from the very thing we've allowed to happen! Fight! Fight for your own freedoms! Fight for your childrens' freedom! For their children! We will begin the fight to take back our country this year but it won't be with guns and violence. We will fight with the very weapon that our founding fathers armed us with... our vote! Our founding fathers gave us a vote so that we could be have a measure of control over those who lead us... why have we allowed, instead, one party to dominate policy so much as to alienate us from seven billion people outside of our borders. Only 29% of Americans approve of the president and yet he continues to flaunt his power in our face, standing up to reporters and saying, "I know what people say, I read the reports, but I'm the decider!" Only 18% of Americans support congress! What ever happened to representative government? PLEASE help us do something about this! PLEASE pay attention to your local elections! I beg of you! Thank you... I hope.

That's all for today... time to go write. Talk to you soon...