Monday, February 15, 2010

This, the thing that I have done...

So Imaginary Thomas received the package I sent and I can finally show people what I made.  First off, it was an art swap.  You may remember that he sent me Old Friends.  Well, I sent him a piece titled, Nothing Personal.  It's made of watch parts, clock parts, found objects and piano pieces and it's mounted on gesso-covered plywood.


It's inspired by the army of robots Imaginary Thomas builds and the destructive tendencies they exude.  He sent one of his Mauraders to Vancouver in a box for Christmas so I thought the Watch Men would send a suitable response.  It also gives a nod to Imaginary Thomas' favorite of my watch paintings, Almost There

Well, he also sent me another paper collage of his that was inspired by a popular video game called Shadow of the Colossus.  I wanted the Shadow of the Colossus piece to give to a friend of mine here in Vancouver.  He loves it.  In exchange for this, I sent him a collection of parts.  Every found object artist loves new parts.  I found a box to fill and had a blast putting together a well of inspiration.  Check it out...

 

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

 


Now I think we're going to set up a community forum where other artists can come together and do their own artswaps.  I'll let you all know if it goes anywhere.