Sunday, February 01, 2009

A working man...

Well, my long unemployment nightmare may have come to an end. I don't want to say it has come to an end for certain until I get a full paycheck, but I was offered a job working construction on Thursday. I got a call from a guy I've worked for before (the first guy who gave me a shot at construction) and he said he's picked up a couple of new jobs and wants me to come work for him. Don't know how much I'll make, but it will be enough. I'm hoping to be able to get a little more than he paid me last time since he's seen how well I work now.

-breakfast timeout-

Katy and I missed our Saturday morning at Beans (our coffee shop) so we came down this morning for a coffee and breakfast sandwich. When I lost my job, we kept coming to Beans on Saturday, but we stopped having breakfast and reverted to just coffee and a newspaper. So this morning is our "got a job!" celebration. Mmm... they make the best BLT here!

Anyway, the job thing is a nice change. Also, I'm going to start volunteering on a Habitat for Humanity build site once a week. This Thursday will be my first day. I will also be keeping the job I got at the picture framing shop. So I'm going to be a busy boy starting this week. I needed that. Not having anything to do has been killing me. I've tried to make use of my time working on my latest series of paintings but even that only takes a small bit of time. In fact, here are 5 paintings I've just completed.

What?
Watch parts on Canvas


Time to Die Angel!
Watch parts on canvas


Moondance
Watch parts on canvas


Love
Watch parts on canvas



Almost There
Watch parts on canvas

So yes, life is picking back up and getting on some sort of track. I want to thank Katy, Mom, Bonnie, Mary K., and everyone who encouraged me through this whole mess. Of course it's the women in my life who keep me together. Where would I be without you all?

Ok, time to go get groceries and then make some chicken soup!