Saturday, November 22, 2008

Days don't fly by so quickly anymore...

So these days I'm framing condos while I look for architectural work. Economy just froze. Well, the building economy, anyway. But It's good when the days are good and it's bad when it rains. I've been mostly lucky so far. I hope my luck changes sooner than later on its way to eventually. But I get by. I'm getting in great shape and I feel all manly now coming home on the bus next to well-preened business boys coming home from downtown while I have cement on my work boots and sawdust on my clothes. Makes me feel like I've done a real day's work. But seriously, people look at me like a homeless guy and the homeless guys look at me like I'm one of them. I've got a couple more days on this job and then the project developer is going to hire me on to do some work for him.

But this morning, Katy and I got up early and enjoyed our Saturday morning ritual where we walk through our beautiful neighborhood to our favorite local coffee shop and have coffee, share a breakfast sandwich, read the paper and talk. It's my favorite part of the week. We've had mostly sunny Saturdays... the weather has a way of giving us a break for the weekends. It's a nice time to walk and talk and I've come to enjoy reading the paper over coffee.

And so, after a nice sunny day that involved a short bus ride, a long walk, buying work pants, a longer walk, some harmonica playing in a tunnel, and a nice sunset from the parking garage, I sit here at home. And I desperately need to clean before Katy gets home.

By all.