Sunday, December 03, 2006

Taking a break...

I've been meaning to post this for awhile but haven't gotten around to it. Well, I'm taking a break so I might as well now. The story goes, Thomas quit smoking and one of his 3rd year students quit cussing so they made a bet who would last longer. Thomas gave her a hard time in class so she wanted to do something to get back at him. She came to me and said she wanted to hang cigarette posters on his offics window or something to make him want to smoke. Pause.

Now this past semester smoking has been banned on campus except in 12 "designated smoking areas" which are conveniently indicated by a green version of the no smoking sign. It's a big joke and we have always talked about putting one of those designated smoking area signs inside somewhere so we could legitamately smoke indoors.

Unpause. So I says to Schu (the 3rd year student), "here's what we gonna do..."





...and we end by covering it up so he doesn't see it before entering his office. But when he entered he saw this:

So since he's in this bet he obviously knew who did it... Schu, right? (see slightly "special" looking girl in 4th picture) I saw him the next morning and he had a huge grin on his face (he likes it when people pay attention to him) and asked me, "Did you see what Schu did to my window?" to which I blankly replied, "Uh... no. What'd she do?" and he said "Come see, this is great." On the way to seeing it another student pointed at me and said, "And here must be the culprit now," but Thomas answered, "No, I know who did this. This is an inspired prank. No one does these anymore." Ah but my prank is not yet complete... he has no idea I had anything to do with this... despite the fact that I painted my initial into the sign. So I figure his mom will read this (hi Janice... I have pictures for you below) and he'll find out through her eventually... then my prank is complete. I told his wife, Suzy and she cracked up. Everyone at school knows. Ah... that was a good break.




And now for pictures of Peter...



Fin