Sunday, April 05, 2009

And suddenly, I was 31...

Well, my 31st birthday has come and gone. Now I'm 31. I went to work at the frame shop yesterday and they bought me lunch. That was nice. Then I came home and tried to make shrimp and bok choy stir fry with ginger and orange zest... didn't go so well. We both tried valiantly to eat it but it just wasn't good. So we had some plain rice before going to meet a few friends at a 5-pin bowling alley in a downtown basement. It's a really cool place... very old. I think it was built in 1930 and has run continuously since. We bowled for a few hours then went for a beer and poutine at a nearby bar. It was a great way to spend a night. I heard from many friends and family members yesterday and the sun was out and it was just a generally fantastic day. Katy surprised me with a set of handmade clay rice bowls and some of my favorite honey (seriously, it is the most amazing honey I've ever tasted!) I think they may double as ice cream bowls, too, but I'm not sure. Going to have to test that soon. So yeah... I'm 31 now.

And today Katy gets back to work on school stuff and I get back to work on a design competition I'm entering that's due Monday evening. This apartment seriously needs cleaned, too. That may happen. Probably not. Ok, Katy requires my attention. Gonna go now.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone! It was great to hear from you all.