Thursday, November 08, 2007

Oh the distractions...

Well I keep telling myself I'll sit down and write but I feel like I have so much to catch up on that it will take forever to post. So I'm just going to write and if I leave anything out I assume I'll be forgiven. Last night Katy and I went on a date for the first time in a long while. We went bowling... sorta. It turns out that bowling here is done with a tiny ball barely bigger than a softball and there are only 5 pins. It was a small room with 10 or 12 lanes and the pins are either on some kind of string or magnet... not sure which. It was a blast! I can throw a 15 lb ball pretty hard... I can really hurl a 5 lb ball!

Oh yeah, Halloween... that was fun. First, my friend Jon and I made a pumpkin for the pumpkin carving contest. Meet Pierre the Pumpkin...




Katy and I took the kids trick-or-treating. Nicholas and Steven brought a friend, Calvin, along and we went and got free candy.



Then for the architecture party I dressed as a fairy princess this year. Yep... a fairy princess. :) I found a ridiculous dress at the thrift store and wore it with combat boots. It was quite shocking... none of the students I teach can ever look at me the same again. :)

I'm trying to upload pictures but may have to run out before they get done. Yep... you'll have to wait for those. I have to get going. Talk again soon!