Friday, August 04, 2006

Know first... then react...

I have just finished watching a newscast called The Great Conspiracy: the 9/11 Newscast You Never Saw, hosted by Canadian media critic and documentary producer Barry Zwicker [bio].


This is solid, fact-based, source-supported, responsible journalism that you can't find on television. The program begins by addressing historical US foreign policy citing proven, accepted facts that let you understand our historical interaction with the rest of the world. It then explains the official 9/11 Commission and its report in terms that are easy to understand and follow.

The newscast is 1 hour and 22 minutes long. Please watch it... please. It is not political, it simply analyzes the government's account of September 11th and cross-references that account with relating facts. It is not pointing fingers. It is not laying blame. It's not anti-American. It's not anti-Bush. It's not anti-anything. It simply holds that our government has not been completely honest with us, the American people, about the events leading up to 9/11, that terrible day itself, and the events which precipitated from the disaster.

I lack the words to express to you how desperately I want you to watch this newscast. I can't find an adequate way to express how sincerely I feel the need for people to know this information. It is one hour of your life. Please... get yourself a drink, and watch this newscast. You can even watch it in pieces if you want! Please don't forget it... don't dismiss it... don't pass on this opportunity at knowledge... at understanding.

This is your opportunity to learn what all the argument has been about. This is your opportunity at a neutral [not-for-profit] account of what both sides claim about September 11th. This newscast will make all of the news hype, both left and right, make a lot more sense.

I know that most, if not all of you will simply read this post and shrug it off as "another piece of my political agenda." This makes me sad but there's nothing I can do about that. I would not ask something so passionately if I did not believe in it... I would not believe in it had I not given it a considerable amount of time, thought, and research over the course of the last 4 years.

If you watch this, I will watch or read anything you would ask of me (within reason... no Ulysses, or Ivanho ok?)... I'll trade you 'truths' if you'd like.

Please watch this. Watch it and once you're done write me... ask me a question... admonish me... disown me... recommend it to a friend... anything! It's an hour of your life... please... know then react. I'm not after your reaction... I just want you to know.