Thursday, March 02, 2006

No I shall not starve!

I did it! I applied for and received a bursary to cover my expenses for the month of April! Oh my god I can't tell you how relieved I was to get that letter today. I was nervous because I submitted an application for this same bursary a few weeks ago and it was denied. My request wasn't nearly as elegant before though... didn't put the same thought and effort (and desperation) into it that I did this one. So, now I just need to find a job. I met an architect at a wine and cheese I snuck into the other night and we talked for a bit. He told me to send him a portfolio, but that really means nothing in this profession. So I spent my day tweaking my resume and getting my portfolio straight online and sent him everything tonight. Again, here's to hope...