Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Breaking the pane of silence with a brick of fluff...

I write as I sit in Vancouver airport awaiting a boarding call for my plane back home. Yep... it's been a long time but I'm finally getting to go home to Oklahoma. I left 4 years ago and have only been back for Nannaw's funeral two years ago. Essentially, it's been 4 years since I've visited home. That's a long time! I stayed with Mom in California over a couple of Summers, but Kim was the only one left in Oklahoma for quite a few years. Now that mom has returned to Oklahoma it will be more like home. Mom and Kim have planned a big family gathering to celebrate Katy and my engagement. I'm really excited to bring Katy home to meet the family, too. Most of them are wondering about this strange Canadian woman who tamed me... to some she's like my own little snuffleufugus.

Ok, time to board. Hopefully now that I've broken my hiatus, I will continue to write. Only time will tell.

Home, here I come!