Sunday, July 20, 2008

Moving on up...


Hi everyone,

It's been quite some time since I've sat and just written on my blog. Sorry, faithful readers. Life sometimes gets in the way of reporting on life, you know? So Katy and I are in the midst of the great Westward migration. Yesterday we had our moving sale and made almost $100 from selling our extra kitchen stuff, household goods, small appliances, furniture, art, etc. I sold my first painting... for $20. Woohoo! Big money! really, though, the couple who bought it seemed really happy to have it and that thrilled me. We have been having pretty good days. It's a very, very, very stressful move but we both realize that it's the move stressing us out and not as much each other. Living in a 250 sq ft one-room apartment with someone is a good test of your relationship, but it is not all that fun at times. We're pretty good about keeping separate schedules and getting out of the house as much as we can. It's the days we spend too much time together in this cramped little box that we get at each others' throats the worst. this apartment is really killing us... literally, I think. We came home a couple of weeks ago and found water in the bathroom floor that was coming from the upstairs neighbors' kitchen sink. The wall has been saturated with water and our apartment smells like mold and mildew now. We keep a box fan in the bathroom window and that helps, but it's so hard wanting to be here still when we have a brand new apartment rented already in Vancouver! So it goes. It's the things like this that teach you patience in life, right? So we're making the best of our time seeing friends and wrapping up loose ends. Our friend, Morgan, threw us a really nice going away party last night that lasted until 3 this morning. I haven't partied until 3am in a long time. Listen to the old guy, eh? We had dinner with Thomas and the family yesterday... gonna miss them more than anything. I hate leaving them the same way I hated leaving home the first time. I'll miss our Sunday dinners and the random stop-ins. I'll miss seeing Suzy and the kids when they drop by school. I'll miss watching Peter, Nicholas and Steven grow up. I'll miss having Thomas to talk to. It's gonna hurt leaving them. Such is life. So today I've got a few things to do at school and Katy is going to continue packing. I'm gonna call Mom here in a few minutes because we haven't talked to each other in so long. Life is good and continually rolling towards Thursday, when we will pick up our rental truck, drop the cats off at a boarding place, load the truck and go. I'll write more about our route later and I hope to find internet spots so I can post along the way. Alright... coffee's done. Bye for now!