Friday, June 09, 2006

"Sunny" California

It's been over a week since my last post... since then I packed up and migrated to San Diego where I'm living with my mom and working for the summer. I have a great job where I get paid good money to do monkey work for a forensic architecture firm. Basically, these guys do "surgery" on buildings to provide expert architectural witness for insurance companies involved in lawsuits. They determine the factual state of a building... generally water damage due to construction defects. All I do is format information all day for archiving. It's mindless and boring but the place I work is great. There's no dress code, I have no time clock, and the boss gave me a key so I can come in early (mom drops me off at 7:30 on her way to work). He doesn't care how much or little I work... I have alot of freedom. The people I work with are all very interesting, very nice people. It's a good work environment.

Mom is doing well. She and Corey are being wonderfully hospitable as are her housemates. It's so nice eating real food again! And getting home-cooked meals to top that off! California is in the middle of their "June gloom" which means that the sun hasn't come out in a few days... constant cloud cover from the ocean. The temperature stays nice though. Anyway, things are well and I will write more later... I just wanted to let people know where I am and that I'm doing well.