Friday, March 06, 2009

this sucks

Another long day spent writing cover letters to firms who will never bother replying... searching for jobs that aren't advertised... and futiley looking for a way to improve my situation in the slightest. Adult life is a crock of shit. No wonder all of my friends were in such a hurry to have kids. At least it gave them something to do. Not me, thanks. Work for the sake of working... the only part worse than that is that I can't even find work for the sake of working. I can't find a way into the trades because you have to have a vehicle to get 90% of the construction jobs I've come across and I can't get a reply out of the other 10%. I've applied for jobs via email, via written letter, via hand delivery... nothing works. I'm about to the point of standing by the road during morning rush hour wearing a sandwich board that says "Starving architect looking for sustainable work". Yeah, I chuckle a little typing that... but the reality is that I'm pretty close to that level of desperation.

Bah.