Thursday, March 19, 2009

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry... had to get that text scream out. I got a call from worker's comp today saying my boss was fighting my claim. The guy read me my boss' [almost completely false] statement and asked for my response. I responded, though I was so taken aback by my boss' blatant lying that I almost couldn't put sentences together. But I managed to get through it without losing form and without cursing. I managed to only use the word "lie" once. Luckily for me, the arbitrator said it sounds like a pretty straight-forward deal and that my boss' objection holds no water. This part should be resolved soon. Now I still have to get my paycheck from him. He emailed to ask for my info last Thursday and said he would be mailing a check but it is next Thursday already and... guess what?... no check! I called [and left a message] to give him fair warning that I expected my check by Friday or I would take action. I'm not sure what to do... I can't really afford to front small claims court costs, even if he does have to pay them back in the lawsuit. And what if I file the claim on Monday and the check arrives Tuesday? Any advice anyone? How long should I wait to file a claim in small claims court to recover unpaid wages? The check was due on the 31st. This is such a headache. Anyway, at least I'll be getting my worker's comp from this. That's something, right?